What is the process between presentation and investment?
If Club members are interested in finding out more about an investment opportunity presented at a Club meeting, our process is:
- A “follow up lead” from among the interested members is the main point of contact for the company through the process
- The Club contacts the company, setting out the information the members expect to see, preferably in a data room.
- The data room link/information is distributed to the interested members with a request for questions
- Questions from the members are collated and sent to the company for written responses
- A follow up meeting is held between the company and the interested members, in person or via Zoom
The follow up lead then:
- co-ordinates requests for additional information and any discussion on the terms of investments
- collects non-binding investment amounts from the interested members
- provides the company with the email addresses of those intending to invest
- The company then handles the investment process direct with each investing member
- The company should send communications to members who have invested, as for any other shareholder, not to the Club
- Where a member of the Club is a director or board observer, they will usually coordinate the response of investing members on issues requiring shareholder feedback. The follow up lead may do this if they invested.
- We are a club – members collaborate in the follow up, sharing our information, knowledge and experience, opinions and conclusions
- Each member must make their own decision on what information they need, whether is it is reliable, and then on whether to invest
- Neither the Club nor any member has any responsibility to any other member for providing information or for their investment decision
- The Club is not authorised by the FCA and has no involvement in investment decisions, the making or administration of investments.
If you are looking for investment, please click here.